Monday, June 11, 2012

Week in Review

Wow! What a whirlwind of a week! Remember my post on things we were hoping to buy? Well, we've checked most of them off!  We bought a van, for starters. She's new-to-us and midnight blue. Kiel and I have nicknamed her "Little Blue" after a favorite storybook character, though little she is not! Matt went to the local car dealer on Saturday while his dad was in town, and in a matter of hours it was goodbye to our trusty hybrid and hello family wagon. I've been grieving and rejoicing ever since. I'm going to miss that little car, but I am so in love with our new one. I'm still swamped getting our house in order, and as such, I haven't gotten a chance to take a photo yet. A stock one will have to do so you can get the idea. 
Exact model right there. She's loaded...leather and heated seats, DVD player for the back, 8 passenger seating, separately controlled air/heat, storage EVERYwhere...totally smitten. She's going to serve our fantastic four well, and hopefully be with us for quite some time. So come visit, and we'll take you for a spin!
Here's the last photo I shot in our Civic. (insert the smallest of tears here)
One cool cat.
Oh, and Kiel got a sweet ride, too. His very first bike.

As I said, I'm working on making our house a home one picture and unpacked box of books at a time. It's slow going though, with sunny days and a pool at our disposal. Here are the only two pics I have. Our master bath... 
and a bit of our bedroom wall... 

  
Squamish-ites, does that mountain peak look familiar? Yep, that's Mt. Garibaldi blown up in full glory, presiding over our humble bed. It was my hope, even before moving, to have a Sea-to-Sky pic above our bed. So, a week before we left, Matt ran about the town snap-happy and came back with a memory bank full. We're glad to keep that giant beauty close (and all the memories that go with it).

Hope to post more soon, as things begin to settle, but no promises just yet. Drop us a line and let us know how you all are faring. 

Much love

The Sarge Fam

2 comments:

  1. yeah for more room in the van! Don't fret... you should see the monsters I have been test driving. Cant wait to see more of your house, I know how hard it is moving with two little ones. Not an easy feat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll bet you are! Let me guess..Mercedes Sprinter? I've known two women with 4 under 6 that drive those...tons of stand-up room!

      Delete