Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Neighbors

On Saturday, after making chocolate chip cookies and going to Zumba with my MIL (What? Those are not contradiction in my book, but rather happy complements.), we all decided to go for a walk in the neighborhood and check out the local flavor. 
And my, oh my, did we ever find some flavor!

 It was still quite squigy from recent rains, so we all pulled on rainboots and slickers.
 Don't you just love this mossy, rainforest-y, old barn? It took my breath away.
 Umm, flamingos, anyone? I told Kiel to run up and see if they were real before the barking dogs on the property came after us. I should mention we lovingly refer to some  most of the people around here as hill-billies.  
Tree-man. 
Saintly spot. 
These cross-streets are from downtown Seattle, so someone clearly got this by questionable means.
Daddys are THE best mode-of-transportation. 
But he's a good sport about it.
A fireplace is all that remains here. So quaint.
Love.
 This place says, "Yacht Club" on the front gate. Awesome. I want to see these river-going yachts.
Fiddle-heads (aka, edible fern sprouts). 
American pride, I missed you. 
Fear of strangers. 
A favorite tree. 
Home again. Home again. Loopety-Loo!

2 comments:

  1. yep, I want to move into that old barn.I literally gasped when I saw it. so awesome! And I want to have a sunset garden party in front of that fireplace.
    I saw we do it, or at least you can...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kori, I love your garden party idea! How cool would that be to light a fire in that, hang some latterns and go at some charcuterie?!? I may have to settle for a sluggy picnic, though, with all the rains we've had!

      Delete