Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Castle Park in Kirkland

On Monday, while our trusty Honda Civic Hybrid was at the shop for some customary upgrades, our little Sarge Fam headed to the BEST PARK WE'VE EVER SEEN! That's putting it mildly, considering those very words left our lips more than ten times throughout our stay! Such a fun park. And actually, I don't even know its real name, so we will affectionately know it forevermore as, "The Castle Park." It's about a half-mile up the road from Honda of Kirkland, if you are ever in the area. Here are some snapshots to entice you to go for a visit of your own...
First off, a little wardrobe advice: if you live in a wet climate (or as we do, a RAINFOREST), these magnificent water-proof pants are a must! They are kinda like ski-bibs, only not lined or warm at all. I'm constantly putting them on Kiel to save his pants. That way, he can be as "boy" as he cares to be, and I don't have to freak out trying to save his clothes. They are from MEC in Canada, but REI will hook you up here in the States. Gotta love your local co-op (or garage sale, like where I snagged these).
First glimpse. Isn't she a beaut?!? 
USA, even at the park. Gotta love the American Pride!

 
 


Big hug, little kiss, big hug... (all I can hear is Nacho Libre in my head and I'm hoping some of you know what I'm talking about..if not, you can just pretend I'm sending hugs and kisses your way!)





Did I mention there are walking paths?

(In case you were wondering where Eva was, she's sleeping in that stroller on the far left!) 
After checking on my dear girl, I went traipsing through the park and found this lovely field of blue-bells, just begging to be picked and enjoyed. So I did and they were... 

Awesome day. Go enjoy your kids, and find a cool park if you can. 
Loves,

m

No comments:

Post a Comment