Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Northwest Trek


On Saturday, We made our way south to meet up with some family (my brother Talbert, Matt's sister Janna, and her fiance Andrew) at a wildlife park called Northwest Trek. They are home to just about every local animal and we were blessed to have almost all of them come out to greet us during our visit, with the exception of the wild cats (lynx, bobcat, and cougar). That bummed Matt out a bit, but seeing bison on the tram ride made up for it!    



"Look, a dinosaur!" shouts Kiel, for the whole tram car to hear.



(Big-horned Sheep, my personal fav.)



After hopping off the tram, we traipsed along together on some great walking trails to see the predators that were thankfully not free-ranging.


Grammar police: do you really want us to stay "off and on" the handrail's side? I didn't realize that parkour is an effective bobcat safety measure!


Bears!

Here I am with my half-brother...can you tell? I've been told we have the same nose. 

Totally cool, even if we did have runny noses left over from our weekday colds!

Hope you enjoyed it with us,

m

No comments:

Post a Comment